Stat Guy tracking
  •  What is NBA trak?
  •  PROFITS standings
  •  WAMMERS rankings

NBA data links
  •  Hoops Stats
  •  82 Games
  •  Doug's Stats

Scoreboard
  •  Previous scores
  •  Statistics
  •  Odds
  •  Teams
  •  Matchups
  •  Transactions
  •  NL standings
  •  NL schedule
  •  NL statistics
  •  NL rotations
  •  NL injuries
  •  NL previews
  •  NL game capsules
  •  AL standings
  •  AL schedule
  •  AL statistics
  •  AL rotations
  •  AL injuries
  •  AL previews
  •  AL game capsules
  •  Pitching report cards
  •  Probable pitchers
  •  Teams





Monday, May 16, 2005

In advance

In advance of my column in today's Star, I am posting this link:

www.bradforddoolittle.com/managers.htm

This is the full explanation of the methodology as well as the accompanying charts. Unfortunately, the Blogger engine freaks out at excessive charting so I build an independent page.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dan Agonistes said...

Thanks for your article, very nice. I have a question as to the methodology. Why, in the first category, do you adjust the actual record using a .500 winning percentage in one run games? As James showed all teams wouldn't be expected to play .500 ball and so it seems to me that you are penalizing managers of bad teams and helping managers of good teams here.

9:08 PM  
Blogger irishkeough said...

Well, it looks like the Royals certainly didn't look at your rating in choosing Buddy Bell.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Bradford Doolittle said...

Because of a dreaded 'system upgrade' the actual article that ran in The Star never made it to the Web and I somehow or another managed to lose the original text. I could re-type it from the print article but, heck, the long, rambling essay that is linked to hear is better anyway.

Dan -

I think you're right. When I revisit the system in the off-season, I'll almost definitely adjust how I isolate one-run performance.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home