Stat Guy tracking
  •  What is NBA trak?
  •  PROFITS standings
  •  WAMMERS rankings

NBA data links
  •  Hoops Stats
  •  82 Games
  •  Doug's Stats

Scoreboard
  •  Previous scores
  •  Statistics
  •  Odds
  •  Teams
  •  Matchups
  •  Transactions
  •  NL standings
  •  NL schedule
  •  NL statistics
  •  NL rotations
  •  NL injuries
  •  NL previews
  •  NL game capsules
  •  AL standings
  •  AL schedule
  •  AL statistics
  •  AL rotations
  •  AL injuries
  •  AL previews
  •  AL game capsules
  •  Pitching report cards
  •  Probable pitchers
  •  Teams





Thursday, December 01, 2005

Is there anybody out there?

Is there anybody out there, I ask. I'm hearing Pink Floyd in my head when I type that. It's been nearly three months since I've posted to this blog. In fact, I never posted my last two Stat Guy print articles. Shoot. I'll have to do that tomorrow.

Anyway, I've been out of the Stat Guy business for the last ten weeks or so. My focus has been elsewhere. (Since my last posting, I've gotten married, spent some time in Paris, purchased a house and moved into said dwelling.)

Now, things are getting a little more settled and the Hot Stove league is heating up. Well, for everyone except the Royals.

Last week, I began the arduous process of putting together my PROFITS projections for next season. The acronym is actually one of the only things that will remain from my inaugural edition of PROFITS. There were some good things and bad things about the system. I will try to post a review, looking at what went right and what went wrong.

I'm making some changes and am designing a different application to aid me in my projections quest. Some principles I used last year will be preserved and expanded upon. I'll try to document this experience as it unfolds because as you develop something like this, there are many side issues that crop up that are, in themselves, interesting and informative. Somehow or another, it really does all have something to do with baseball. Anyway, more on this later.

The last month, the majority of my numbers-crunching has been NBA related. I created a NBA ratings system which I am calling NBA Trak. No details yet, but I'll begin daily postings on this tomorrow. It should be a great way to keep an eye on who's hot, who's not and other trends. The system even kicks out daily predictions for each night's schedule. I wouldn't go to Vegas with its results but they're interesting to ponder.

Good to be back and blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home